Choose the largest foodservice-specific organization to find a workers’ compensation plan for your organization.
The Ohio Restaurant Association possesses more than 90 years of foodservice industry experience, including navigating through the Ohio Workers’ Compensation system. Workers’ compensation in Ohio is both challenging to navigate and can be extremely costly if companies fail to follow the rules established by the Ohio Bureau of Workers’ Compensation.
This is why the ORA developed the ORA Workers’ Compensation Plan. With many aspects from which to choose, there is a plan that's right for your organization. Rely on the ORA and our partner, CareWorks Consultants, Inc., to help you navigate the system.
Workers' Comp Tools
Request A Quote
Workers' Comp FAQ's
CLICK HERE to get your questions answered.
Group-Rating Safety Accountability Letter
This Accountability Letter explains the importance of group-rating safety accountability. Each year Ohio employers have the opportunity to participate in BWC’s Group-Experience-Rating Program or Group-Retrospective-Rating Program. While these programs are not required, they do provide you with an opportunity to significantly reduce your workers’ compensation premiums, while increasing your awareness of safety and risk management strategies.
The ORA partners with CareWorks Consultants Inc. (CCI) to offer our members the only group rating plan specifically designed for the restaurant industry. The ORA’s group plan helps employers achieve the highest group rating discount possible. In 2013 alone, more than 1,300 ORA members will save more than $4.75 million, with an average of $3,000 in workers' compensation premiums through the ORA's Workers' Compensation Group Rating Plan. For a free analysis of your potential savings, fill out the analysis form or contact Laura Morrison at toll-free (866) 331-6424. To see a comprehensive list of Frequently Asked Questions, CLICK HERE.
The Ohio Restaurant Association Difference:
The ORA Group Rating Stability. Currently, more than 1,300 companies participate in the ORA's group rating plan. More sizable groups allow for greater protection because the larger and more industry-specific the group, the less vulnerable it is to projection fluctuations. Additionally, via the ORA’s partnership with CareWorks Consultants, we are able to offer our members the only group rating program specifically designed for the restaurant industry. The ORA’s group plan helps employers achieve the highest group rating discount possible.
Experience and Service. The ORA group rating plan, administered through a 21-year partnership with CareWorks Consultants, annually maintains a high rate of member satisfaction. This year alone, we experienced a 95% retention rate. How important is this to you? You’ll never see the benefits of having such a qualified team working on your behalf unless you join the ORA group rating plan and allow us to protect you from a future claim that could impact your operations.
A Team to Support You. When you choose the ORA Group, you automatically add a team of experts to your staff. These individuals will work hard to provide you with claims management services; risk management services; hearing representation and information technology.
- RiskControl360° – As a safety partner, they will help minimize claims through a free safety inspection and evaluation and by providing comprehensive risk management education. No one else can offer you the level of service and commitment tailored for your foodservice needs like RiskControl360° can.
- CareWorks Consultants Inc. – As a group third-party administrator (TPA), the company’s expert staff are specifically assigned to help you navigate through the process. For 21 years, CareWorks Consultants has been providing ORA members with total workers' compensation cost control solutions.
- CareWorks – A managed care organization (MCO) of more than 150,000 Ohio employers who provide our members with high quality medical management services for workplace injury claims. CareWorks remains focused on getting your injured workers the care they need and getting their lives back on track.
Risk Management. Customized safety plans, education and services geared specifically for the foodservice industry trhough the ORA's safety partner: RiskControl360°. You can rely on our experience to know the unique needs of your industry.
Savings. The ORA’s group plan is projected to save $4.75 million this year with the average ORA plan member saving $3,000 in premiums or $16,500 in rebates, depending on which group plan is taken advantage of.
Unemployment. Receive help in controlling your unemployment tax rate, dealing with state agencies, contesting claims and detecting change errors so you can focus on your business.
How Do I Enroll?
The following programs are available through the partnership between ORA Workers’ Compensation Plan, the Ohio Bureau of Workers' Compensation (BWC), CareWorks Consultants and RiskControl360°:
- Group Rating
- Drug-Free Safety Program
- One Claim Program
- Individual Retrospective Rating
- BWC’s new Deductible Program
- $15K Medical-Only
- Safety Council Discount Program
- Flex Pay program
- Group Retrospective Rating:
- Employers who do not qualify for group rating may want to explore this alternative rating program, which is designed to reward participants that are able to keep their claim costs below a predetermined amount.
- Employers continue to pay their individual premium; however, they have the opportunity to receive retrospective premium adjustments.
- Employers committed to improving workplace safety and accident prevention in order to reduce the frequency and severity of accidents involving their employees should investigate this program further as an additional savings tool.
Workers’ Compensation Group Rating Calendar:
- March to December - Obtain a workers' compensation group rating application (AC-3), either from CareWorks Consultants or the ORA. Contact the ORA’s Laura Morrison for your form at toll-free (866) 331-6424.
- Jan. 25 - Deadline to return your group rating application to CareWorks Consultants.
- December to February - Current participants in CareWorks Consultants' group rating programs receive renewal notification.
- October to February - New applicants receive either an enrollment packet and savings projection or a notification letter of disqualification.
- Feb. 22 - Deadline to return enrollment packet. Your company will be filed as part of the group rating program.
- Jul. 1 to Jun. 30 - Workers' compensation group rating year.
- December – January - First workers' compensation premium savings on your BWC Payroll Report. Savings is shown directly off premium rates.
- July – August - Second workers' compensation premium savings on your BWC Payroll Report. Savings is shown directly off premium rates. Group rating plan enrollment will automatically continue to the next rate year, as long as your company still meets the re-enrollment criteria.
- Join Today
- Products & Services
- Ask the Attorney
- Business Tools
- Credit Card & Financing
- Credit Card Processing
- Drug Testing & Background Check Discounts
- Electricity Savings
- E-mail Marketing
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQS)
- Fuel Savings
- Gift Card Marketing
- Health & Safety
- Managed Care Organization
- Music Licensing
- Mobile Applications
- Mobile Marketing
- Natural Gas
- Online Marketing
- Payroll Processing
- Restaurant Consultants
- Red Book Solutions
- ServSafe Food Safety & ServSafe Alcohol
- Unemployment Compensation
- Workers' Compensation
- Member Testimonials
- Membership Directory